Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When I'm Sixty-four

 Ten years from now I want to be able to hike up this trail to Britton Peak on the Superior Hiking Trail as easily as I did yesterday, or maybe with more ease. Dale and I just got back from a few days on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. As we hiked up this trail I thought about the fact that I want to be healthy enough to do this ten years from now, when I am sixty-four (just like the song) or even longer. It was not an easy hike but I think it was less difficult when we did it the first time several years ago. I hope this image serves as some motivation for healthier living and longer hikes. I also hope that this tree below breaks off or is hauled away by my next visit. I crawled under the fallen tree and Dale climbed around, neither was easy but it was still a great hike. There will be lots more photos to come from the last few days in Minnesota. For now it's time to get back to the real world and get ready for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment