Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Seventy-seven Degrees

 After attending the last outdoor worship service of the summer at church on Sunday I noticed that it was only seventy-seven degrees with a nice breeze. I was so excited about the break in the heat. It's only been two weeks but I greatly dislike the heat and humidity. As soon as I got home I changed my clothes and took Mowgli for a hike at Katoski Greenbelt. I had abandoned that park and trail in early June when the mosquitos invaded after the flooding. Today I was glad to be back on the trail. The dry summer gave the added bonus of a longer hike because there was no water over the trail in the spot where I usually need to stop. There was more sand on the trails but the park has recovered well from the flooding.
 Deep in the woods there was little breeze but plenty of shad.  The area with the open meadow had a great breeze and lots of yellow. There are a few brown and yellow leaves on the trail but I am very anxious to get back there on a regular basis as Summer turns to Fall. I love the change of seasons and this one is my favorite. It's the first day of September. I know that there will be some heat ahead but Fall is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment