Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Walking and Eating in Des Moines

The weekend in Des Moines was filled with many of my favorite activities and favorite foods! I wanted to be sure to walk and since the weather cooperated I got lots of steps in some beautiful spaces. After our lap around Gray's Lake we headed downtown to enjoy the sculpture garden and Starbucks.
 Deciding on the restaurants is important. I always look forward to going to some of our favorite places. Simon's J Benjamin's was at the top of the list this time. The merlot and artichoke dip are an amazing combination. I hadn't been there in several years and it was as good as I remembered.
 Felix joined us for B&B Killer Sandwiches. The sandwiches were great and the atmosphere as fun as always. A breakfast trip to the Waveland and a stop at Classic Custard were also high points for my taste buds!
 With seventy degree temperatures on the last weekend of March it was the perfect time to head to the zoo. I always enjoy my time there and it's a great place to walk. I was happy to get over 17,000 steps each day which is even better than my usual 14,000 a day. Walking is much easier when it's in an interesting or beautiful place. It was a great weekend, walking and eating through Des Moines!

No comments:

Post a Comment