Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Trails

 Walking has been my main form of exercise for years, but I really do enjoy it when I am able to get out in the woods. The last two weekends have been quiet weekends mostly at home so Dale and I took the opportunity to explore some trails that are new to us. The photo above is last weekend and the one below was just this weekend. They are different trails but there has been a considerable change in the green factor in recent days.
This weekend's walk started at a familiar spot very close to my home but then we ventured off on a new trail and were successful in linking two of my favorite walks. We made it through the woods at Katoski to Greenbelt Lake which I walk often. This was a longer walk, more than three miles round trip but a great walk and fun to approach the lake from another trail. I absolutely love exploring the woods especially this time of year when things change so quickly. The buds on the trees are opening and the wildflowers are starting to bloom. I will be back on both of these trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment