Saturday, April 19, 2014

Des Moines Days

 As usual Spring comes a little bit earlier in Des Moines. I had a Thursday work meeting there and stayed a couple of days to spend time with Dale. I still get so excited to see daffodils and look forward to mine blooming in the near future.

Because I wanted to be sure to continued getting my steps in I took the opportunity to walk some familiar paths and especially enjoyed the trail along Jordan Creek which was right by my West Des Moines home. I walked and biked that path for almost six years and it was nice to be out there again. I did several loops around the pond at Jordan Creek Town Center after my meeting and look forward to patio dining in the coming months. Two herons gave me quite a show so I walked more than I had planned.
 
Dale and I did some walking together through his neighborhood and a few other favorite spots. I love the area around the art center even when the rose beds are still covered for winter. Of course I was very happy for the chance to go to the zoo again. It's a great place to walk and enjoy the animals. We got a great view of the newest lion, Deuce and the monkeys are always fun too.  Now I am back home and it's time to focus on Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment