Saturday, April 26, 2014

Healthy No Bake “Brownies”

My good friend, Marti introduced me to this delicious treat. They have very few ingredients and are natural foods. It's mostly nuts, dates and cocoa. Everything that Marti has ever served me has been so special. She has an amazing way of making people feel special and welcome. Her home feels like a sanctuary and I love my time with her. It's good for my soul. I learn from her and love it when I find time to visit her and her dog. I made these "brownies" this morning and they are tucked in the freezer. Although they are healthy ingredients they do have plenty of calories so I need to pace myself. Feel free to stop over and try a few. (I even included a recipe this time. Are you impressed?) Just one warning if you decide to make these. Take all of the pits out of the dates or your food processor will get very noisy.
Healthy No Bake “Brownies”
3 C.  walnuts
1/4 tsp sea salt
20 pitted and cut up Medjool dates
1/3 C. Unsweetened cocoa powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp water (you may need more to give it that cake like texture, so be prepared)

Place the walnuts and salt in a food processor and process until finely ground.
Add the dates, process, then add the cocoa powder, water, and vanilla and process again until the mixture begins to stick together.
(Add any extra small amount of water you have a cake-like consistency.)
Press into a 9inch square pan.
Put into the freezer for a half hour, then take out and cut into squares. Put some in a container in the frig to eat and others, if you want into a plastic container in the freezer if you want to save some.
Enjoy your guiltless munchie attacks for chocolate!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment