Sunday, April 13, 2014

Garden Itch

I am so anxious for garden season. Although I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination I do love exploring and experimenting in the dirt. It was even nice enough to enjoy iced coffee on the patio beside my pansies on Saturday. After moving some leaves I found my garlic peaking up through the soil. It's very exciting to think that I may actually be able to harvest garlic this summer.
Because I was anxious to get started I planted some seeds during the cold days of March. I have pumpkins, marigolds, zinnias growing in the dining room. It will be another month before I can stick them in the garden so I transplanted most of them into bigger pots on Saturday. Playing in the dirt out in the sunshine was a huge treat. After all that warm sunshine we have had over 24 hours of almost constant rain. April showers bring May flowers, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment