Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Roasting Veggies

Vegetables are not my favorite food. It's no surprise that I prefer cookies and burritos but I have been successful at increasing my veggie intake this year. After all the Christmas goodies I have a renewed interest in adding some variety to these healthy plants. Dale picked up brussel sprouts on the stalk at Trader Joes and so I tried roasting them for the first time. Just in case it wasn't very tasty I added a few other veggies too. A little olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh garlic added some flavor and the oven added a nice brown.

It was actually a yummy vegetable dish. I prefer the roasted brussel sprouts over the ones that I cooked on the stove. I would certainly make them again. They are prettier than burritos, but they still don't taste as good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment