Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Week Before Christmas

 Although a thin layer of ice sent me to the mall for walking on Friday, I was able to get out to the lake to walk the trails of snow earlier this week. I feel so good about my daily walks even when they are just a mile. Mowgli continues to be my biggest supporter in this endeavor and I appreciate that. The walking is paying off in many ways.

 

 I have also worked to add veggies to my day. An icy Friday seemed like the perfect time to boil lots of vegetables with some chicken and brown rice pasta. It was a yummy soup and I like the break from the raw veggies I take to work daily.
 
 
A broken toilet seat forced me to tackle a home project that was new to me. I have never changed or purchased a toilet seat but all of that changed on Friday. It was a fairly simple project but I have to admit that I was completely comfortable living the rest of my days without the experience or knowledge of how to change a toilet seat. I am glad it's done and grateful that it went so smoothly!
 
I still made plenty of time for Christmas knitting. The fireplace and Christmas tree draw me to my cozy chair and knitting needles more this time of year. Thanks to Jay for actually requesting a wine cozy! Never mind that it was for a hostess gift for an "ugly sweater party." I think it was the perfect thing to take!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, you have no idea how wonderful your blog is. It makes me feel all warm and snugly to read it, as if Im there with you, eating your soup and chatting for hours...over wine, with the wine cozy on, and good chocolates! You were so right to move there GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Ruby says woof woof to Mowgli!

    ReplyDelete