Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cozy Weekend

It was a very cozy weekend with lots of time at home. Ashley and Lincoln moved in for a couple of days so that they could avoid paint fumes while Travis worked hard to prime and paint the entire basement . Jill spent a night on her way to meet to shuttle kids back home for Christmas. Dale was here too so it was a houseful of fun and coziness. I love being at home with the house is filled with loved ones.
It was especially fun to have Lincoln around for several days. Ashley gave me the motivation to finish up some of the Christmas baking. She did the cut out cookies and made frosting while I boiled caramel and popped corn. Lincoln got his first beater as a perfect distraction to keep him at a distance from my boiling caramel. He liked it, lots!

While we were cooking I could see his eyes light up when he got a great idea. He ran to the family room and grabbed the little wooden stool and brought it out to the kitchen, set it in place and climbed up to get to the frosting. I love watching his mind work. He is constantly learning, saying new words and expressing his thoughts and opinions. When I got my step stool out I realized that he had never seen it but he was quick to climb to the top and obviously enjoyed being so tall.
We did cook meals and I did my daily walks but much of the weekend was spent like this, just lounging together. Lincoln loves playing with Dale whether it's blocks, books, balls or electronic games. It was a wonderful and restful weekend, even with a two year old in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment