Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Birthday Tradition

Lincoln and I made plans today for our birthday book tradition. I hope to take each of my grandchildren out to buy a book for part of their birthday celebration each year. Since this is the second year I am calling it a tradition. Lincoln is very interested in identifying letters so he chose an alphabet book this year.
 The photo below is from a year ago when Lincoln and I visited the book store to pick out his first birthday book. Its incredible to see all that he has learned in the last year.
Our book shopping was nearly derailed by the trains at the book store this year. Lincoln was much more interested in playing trains but eventually he was willing to browse through several books to chose his favorite. He really is so agreeable!
A birthday treat seemed to be a good combination with the birthday book. I gave Lincoln several choices and he was thoughtful but very clear about his answer. He wanted to go to Cup of Joe for a cookie. I think it was a great choice and we had a wonderfufl time. I love his coffee shop manners.


 Lincoln is very content with his cookie and water. He smells the coffee and helps me stir, very carefully. He is a wonderful coffee date any time of the year.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment