Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our Christmas

Oh how I love having my family in my home all together on a holiday. It feels just magical to me.  
 Again I feel so blessed to be so close to family and be able to get together often. It's wonderful to not have to worry about roads, weather or travel at the holidays. I love these times so much.
 
 This was our first year with two dogs in the family. Kirby was a great addition and both dogs were very well behaved.
 

 Aunt Breezy got Jay and Lincoln matching rain sticks and they were a bit hit. It was fun that Lincoln knew exactly what it was.
 Never too old for "Hello Kitty!"
Safety first!! I got Lincoln a helmet last year too but its seems like a very appropriate gift considering his love for speed and biking.
 I loved watching Lincoln empty the stocking that I knitted for him two years ago. He seemed to enjoy all the little things, especially the "monkey flips."
 
We even found time to play a game of dominos. It started during nap time but Lincoln joined us when he woke up. It was all fun.  
 Here is Lincoln all ready to go to Christmas Eve services after our family gathering. He is singing, "little Lord Jesus lay down his sweet head." Going to church with Lincoln and his family was one of the most precious times of the holiday. Holding him in my arms, singing Christmas carols and remembering this same service with newborn Lincoln in my arms just two years ago was quite moving. I choke up too much to sing at points but love the music. It was especially sweet when Lincoln realized we were singing about baby Jesus and started to sing Away in the Manger even though the rest of the congregation was singing another tune. I sang with Lincoln! What a Merry Christmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment