Sunday, December 1, 2013

After Thanksgiving

 It was great fortune that we all had a fur day holiday weekend. Nobody had to work on Friday so we decided to get together for our appetizer gathering that we do when we don't get to see each other on Thanksgiving. The food was yummy and it was quite relaxed. I just love having the house full of family.

 It was a huge treat to get so much help with my Christmas tree. I finally replaced the six foot one that I used when I lived in West Des Moines with one that better fits my family room. When  the box was open I had some regrets. There were lots and lots of pieces and branches and I was missing my two piece assembly. I got tons of help from everyone. Dale took photos and helped too. As you can see by the photo below it must have seemed too complicated for me! The tree looked great before anybody left for home and I look forward to enjoying it for the next month.
 On Saturday we had our annual baking day. It's earlier now to make room for Lincoln's December birthday party. Ashley, Briana and I worked hard even with aching backs and sore feet. We took a couple of breaks but worked most of the day and got lots done. It really is fun even when we are moaning. Now we have lots of holiday treats in the freezer and will have time celebrate Lincoln and get ready for Christmas. This month will go quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment