Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second Birthday Party

 It was such a joy to gather with so many family members to celebrate Lincoln's second birthday. Ashley and Travis hosted a great party and invited family from both sides.
 It was a freezing cold day but I was so glad that people could make it from out of town. I always love it when my mom and Lincoln are together, to hear her wisdom and memories.
 I brought over the barn from my house to add to the farm theme and Lincoln's cousins enjoyed playing with it too. He did a wonderful job of sharing so well with the other kids whether it was his old toys or his brand new gifts.
 I got baseball equipment for Lincoln so that we can play some baseball this summer. I think a December birthday can be a great time for summer gifts. It will be fun when it's warmer but I know he will play with it inside also.
 It was so fun to see so many grandparents in the house. Travis' parents and his grandma as well as my parents were all there. It was a freezing cold day so we were lucky that everyone was able to travel.

 So many aunts and uncles too. I just love being close enough to gather for celebrations and to get to know Lincoln's Schrage aunts, uncles and cousins too. Lincoln is getting a new baby boy Schrage cousin this winter too.

 

 We had lots of good food and plenty of leftovers. I was in charge of the bread so I know we went through three and a half loaves of bread and two and a half sticks of butter. There is nothing quite like that fluffy white bread from the Bosnian bakery. Although Lincoln likes candy we couldn't convince him that it was yummy to eat the gummy worms off the dirt cups. Even with his grandmas eating worms he was not interested in trying them. I guess he has learned his gardening lessons well.
Lincoln was such a sweet boy all day. He was friendly and loved being surrounded by all the people. He was thrilled when we sang happy birthday and shared everything he had. It was so sweet to hear him say thanks to everybody and to tell them all good bye. It was a wonderful party to celebrate Lincoln's second birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment