Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fast Weekend

 It was a fun weekend in Des Moines. We started Friday night with a trip to Principal Park to introduce Felix, Dale's grandson to baseball. It was hot, sunny and crowded but it was still fun to be at the ball park with Felix and Val. It wasn't a great spot for photography but thanks to my shadow and interest in the camera, Felix was looking at me. Saturday night we went to Prairie Meadows for the horse races for the first time in a couple of years. It was a beautiful evening and I broke even when I won $4 on a race!

 The farmers market was a wonderful Saturday morning stroll with perfect weather and a smaller crowd because we got there early. The lines were short so we got a breakfast burrito too. We had hoped to beat the heat but fortunately we got some cloud cover and it never got horribly hot. We did a little yard work at Dale's and even took a walk at Waterworks Park. This dragonfly entertained me while I watered pumpkins. The weekend went too quickly but I think that's a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment