Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day Camp

 Tuesday at Pine Lake with family was a perfect day. It's always so fun to see the little ones doing things that our kids did. I certainly had lots of memories of Ashley and Kaley camping together when they were little and now they are chasing the little ones.

I love seeing my parents with the little ones and the kids seem to like it just as much as their great grandparents. Grandpa's scooter was a huge hit with the boys.

 After our hours in the lake there was plenty of time for pedicures and play. The weather was absolutely perfect and the cabins nestled into the woods was beautiful.

 Saela is changing so quickly. I am grateful for another opportunity to see her and her family this summer even after a move out of Iowa.

We had an amazing meal in the evening. Everything tasted especially wonderful outside in the fresh air. Thanks to Dan and Mom for putting everything together.
 I was so excited for a campfire! It's been a long time since I have done that too. S'mores were a perfect dessert for our day of camping.

 
 Lincoln had his first s'more and loved it. Brecken likes them too. So do I! It was a fun treat.

 I love having Lincoln around family and so glad that he knows his great aunts and uncles. When we loaded him in the car to go home at 8:30 PM he kept saying, "Dan, Dan."
 
Lincoln and I used Dad's scooter to take a load to the car. It's really lots of fun. I think Lincoln enjoyed it more when Grandpa drives cause he gets to beep the horn lots. I had so much fun for a Tuesday. I could have gone back again the next day, but I did need to work. Lincoln did exceptionally well all day long even with a short nap and a very late bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment