Friday, July 5, 2013

Clear Lake Parade

 This year's parade was a bit different for me in a very good way. For decades I have gathered with family in front of the Variety Store on Main Avenue to watch the Clear Lake parade. Never mind that it hasn't been called the variety store for many years, that's where we went! Many family members have lost interest in the parade and the group has gotten smaller over the years. This year Jill invited me to join her family at her brother's home and it seemed like a great idea. I got to be with Lincoln and Dan and Jill's grandchildren too.
 

Izzie is so good with the little boys. She helped Lincoln and taught him about parades and gathering candy. She is so patient, gentle and generous.  

It was warm in the sun but I was safely under a shade tree so Lincoln came to us to cool down and get snacks a couple of times. He loved the parade.
 
Look at all that candy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment