Monday, July 29, 2013

Cedar River Festival

 Sunday morning when I was reading the newspaper on line I noticed that there was an interesting festival at Hickory Hills. I loved the idea of going to that park, listening to music and supporting the cause of cleaning up the rivers. Dale and I grabbed a blanket out of his trunk and lounged on the grass, ate a great lunch, listened to a band and enjoyed the perfect weather. It was a small festival and that was great; no crowds, great parking and a very relaxed atmosphere.


 Then Lincoln, Ashley and Travis joined us. We gathered on the blanket and listened to a couple more bands.There was less lounging and more chasing but it was all fun. Lincoln loves the big open spaces and loves to announce, "Running!" as he takes off at full speed. It really was a wonderful afternoon, something I would like to do more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment