Friday, January 17, 2014

Indoor Trails

 This winter has been a walking challenge. At first I was able to stay outside walking on the snowy wooded trails but then we had rain, ice and sub arctic temperatures that made the snow crunchy and slick rather than fluffy and safe. The streets have stayed icy much of the time also so I have resorted to many more indoor miles that I would like. I do walk the malls often but added a work day routine as well. Working in a big hospital gives me the opportunity to walk long halls behind the scenes and away from patients. It's actually posted for Blue Zone walking. I start and finish my work day by walking the halls and going up and down the stairs. I have always taken the stairs down from my fourth floor office but this winter I have started going up as well and its not too bad.
Every chance I get I ditch these indoor trails and walk outside. I am hoping that the rest of winter is more mild than the first part. This morning I bundled up to brave the sub-zero wind chills and walk in my neighborhood with Mowgli. It felt good to be outside but I would prefer to avoid this look and be comfortable with fewer layers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment