Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Finished Projects

As I mentioned I have neglected to post the finished product after posting photos of the early stages of a project. Today I catch up on two of those.
Last July I spray painted this collection of picture frames. I bought a couple from Goodwill but the rest were inherited from someone that wasn't using them or off my own shelves. In the fall Ashley helped me with the arrangement, pounding nails and ordering prints. I love looking at it when I walk through the living room and look forward to adding photos of my second grandson this spring. I intend to move the piano over about three inches to the right but that's not done yet. It's sometimes amazing to me how long it will take to finish a project that could be done much sooner.
This basement shelving project was finished in one day and all the credit goes to Travis.
 
On a very hot day in August Travis offered to come over and build the basement storage shelves that I had mentioned. He got them done on a Saturday and I started filling them with boxes hoping to get them better organized when I got the Christmas things out then repacked. I love the shelves and the chance to keep my basement much better organized. I've even invested in a few more totes to store Christmas things and retired some cardboard boxes that had been around more than thirty years.
I think this gorgeous hank of wool will be my next project. It's been decorating my sewing room for almost two years since Ashley got me a Groupon at Crazy Girl Yarn so I was willing to splurge. This is perfect knitting weather

 

No comments:

Post a Comment