Thursday, November 7, 2013

Work Days

 It's been an interesting work week and I haven't even been at my desk for over a week! The annual Fall Conference for Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Iowa was this week so I traveled to Des Moines for a couple of days of learning and networking. It was a bonus to get time with Dale and he was gracious enough to drive me downtown and back so that I didn't have to hassle with parking or traffic. He also gave me sky walk directions so that I was able to walk a mile or two each day and keep up my exercise. I really enjoyed the skywalks and driving to and from with Dale. We had some good dinners and did some of our favorite shopping. It was a good week of learning and fun and Des Moines.

Last week I was able to work and attend the Go Red Lunch for Women and learned more about heart disease and healthy changes. It was a great event with lots of amazing people, a great speaker and new motivation to keep moving faster and further while trying to eat better. Although this week has been a wonderful change of pace, I am fully aware that I will be doing lots of catch-up when I return to my desk next week. I will think about that on Tuesday. For now it's time to focus on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment