Sunday, November 24, 2013

Boys Weekend

  I had a houseful of boys this weekend and it was great! Dale, Lincoln and Mowgli all came to visit. It was a weekend filled with lots of time at home which was perfect with all the cold outside. I did walk Mowgli a mile each day and Lincoln and I got some snow time but it did feel like winter.
 Mowgli loves to kick up the snow which Lincoln found hysterically funny.
 Pasta was the food of choice but we also had waffles and lots of other good things. We read books, did puzzles,  played with marbles, blocks and lots of "little people." It's fun to see what Lincoln does with marbles. I love those cute little stinky toes!

 Mom and Dad came to visit again which was great. It was unfortunate that the car needed more repair but it worked out great for us. Lincoln loved a chance to play and show off some of his new skills. He especially loved the "kids lunch" that he got to order! These are mostly Ipod photos that I clicked quickly to send off to Lincoln's parents who were on a weekend away. I didn't take much time with the camera but spent lots of time enjoying the people around me.

 I am so glad that Ashley and Travis had a little get-away. It was a wonderful weekend for me too. Lincoln was a joy and Dale was a huge help. I think two adults to one child is a great ratio for middle age people like us. Everything went so smoothly with all of us here. The only tiny glitch is that although Lincoln sleeps beautifully at night he has a hard time napping at my house. We easily fix that with a drive around the countryside in the early afternoon. I thought I would be exhausted by the end of the weekend but I am not tired, just filled with very sweet new memories! It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment