Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve

 The holiday is off to a great start! I saved the three inches of Monday snow that fell on my patio so that Lincoln could help me move it and practice using his new red shovel. I was impressed with his skills and strength. He will be a big help with snow removal.

 
After all that shoveling a boy needs a little rest. Lincoln settled in with Mommy's old doll in Uncle Jay's old chair to watch a little TV and warm up by the fire. He also helped me with my Thanksgiving baking. I am bringing desserts to our Mason City feast. Lincoln ate apple slices while I filled the apple pie and I let him crack an egg after he requested that he get a turn tapping eggs too. It's always lots of fun baking with Lincoln. The measurements are less precise and the mess is much bigger but it's better in every way. Now I am all set for the big holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment