Sunday, October 27, 2013

Walking More

 Although its been in the forties most days I have been dedicated to walking most days, usually five our six days a week. I am also focusing on walking more than a mile. When I moved here I found the natural one mile lap around my neighborhood and rarely went further. Yesterday just as the sun was rising Mowgli and I went out to the nearby lake and walked around twice. My friend, Chris has been great motivation too. We are walking together more often and making it over thirty minutes every time. Chatting with Chris is a bonus that makes the walk go quickly. Watching the sun rise with the geese is also a great bonus.

 Fall foliage is always a draw for me. The color was later this year and now with the frosty nights the leaves are falling quickly. Friday Mowgli and I went to the trails at Katoski and enjoyed a blanket of yellow maple leaves. It's a great place to walk close to home without the usual loop around the neighborhood. Now I just need to motivate myself to make that neighborhood loop twice instead of just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment