Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Annual

 Monday was my annual physical, well I skipped last year so maybe it's not really annual but I intend for it to be that. I spent too much time at the gynecologist last year to want to find another new doctor. So I finally got around to finding a doctor, getting records transferred and making an appointment. I got a clean report on my mammogram but my numbers from my blood work are not back yet.  I mentioned to the doctor that I have been having lots of heel pain and she confirmed that I have plantar fasciitis. Not a big deal but I intend to work hard to ease the symptoms. Walking on softer surfaces is one of the easier things for me. I would much rather walk on a dirt trail through the woods or around the lake anyway. I do need to part with some money and get some new running shoes and a much more supportive shoe to wear for work and for leisure. She also recommended heel cups for inside my shoes.  I suspect my summer in flip-flops has created much of the problem so it's fortunate that flip-flop season has nearly ended. I do love wearing the least amount possible on my feet!
 So I will buy the shoes and the inserts, work on my stretching exercises and take the anti-inflammatory. I will also take the extra time to go to the soft trails more often instead of walking around the block. The view is worth the three minute drive anyway!

1 comment: