Sunday, October 13, 2013

Friday Freeloader

 When I stopped by Ashley's house on Friday morning for a couple of hours Mowgli was very happy to see me, so happy to see me that he planted himself by my car and didn't move very far. It was obvious he wanted to be sure to go home with me. Maybe he knew it was Friday and maybe he was tired of sharing a house with a toddler who was not feeling well at all.
 Lincoln's been pretty sick this week and was pretty sad and tearful when I arrived on Friday. He was not as happy to see me as Mowgli was but eventually he showed interest in coming outside to help me plant the mum. Digging in the dirt always has some appeal. It was a great distraction as Lincoln and I cleaned out the summer plants and made a big mess on the front porch.
We sat out front for a while and even rode his bike for a bit. He is feeling better but its so hard to see him feeling sad and sick. You can see Mowgli laying by the car in this photo taken an hour after the first photo! I did take Mowgli home and he seems to enjoy the quiet at my house for now. I hope Lincoln is back to feeling his cheerful self very soon. I think that Mowgli has the same hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment