Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Corner Project

One thing that I didn't love when I bought this house is that there were too many garden areas. This created too many weeds and too much labor that didn't seem to bear much fruit. The garden areas line the foundation of the house so I cannot see any of the plants from inside the house and can only see some from the driveway or the patio. So my solution to the problem is to create another garden! It might not make much sense but I have been getting a work out digging up sod this week. I want to move the plants that I enjoy the most to this back corner so that I can see them from my living space. It will also free up some area behind my bedroom for a fun garden for Lincoln and me to plant in the spring. I think we may try pumpkins and sunflowers next year and if the weeds take over I will not mind that I cannot see if from the house! In the spring this corner garden should have lots of lilies and daffodils but I still have lots of work to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment