Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bulldog Weekend

I planned my latest trip to Des Moines so that Dale and I could attend a Drake Bulldog football game. The game was fun and the weather was wonderful, cool enough for a sweatshirt but didn't need a jacket or a blanket. The sun was very warm and while it felt good it was the high end of fun football temperatures. Although the Bulldogs did win that was almost secondary to being back at Drake Stadium. Dale and I have attended lots of football games there so it feels like home and we know many of the characters including the mascot, Spike and the real live bulldog, Porterhouse, who seems to be everyone's favorite. We also did a little shopping and a little eating, including my favorite pumpkin frozen custard. I played assistant to Dale for an eighteen month photo shoot for his grandson, Felix and that was a very good time too. The weekend felt short but we had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment