Thursday, October 3, 2013

North Shore Photos

 Sunrise on Lake Superior is spectacular.


 Sunset on the porch of our lodge was peaceful, cozy and cool. I was glad to have the quilt to bundle up as we watched day turn to night.
Gooseberry Falls is a regular stop but we found it crowded with people when we arrived on the shore on a Sunday afternoon. It was pretty as always but hard to get a photo without people.
 Split Rock Lighthouse is always a quick but beautiful stop.

 We were a week early for peak fall foliage but we did see some nice splashes of color.


 Every time I visit Lake Superior I am deeply impressed by the amazing blue! I love those crashing blue waves and the rocky shoreline. It makes me look forward to my next trip.

 We took the gondola ride up Moose Mountain again because I loved it so much last year. There was less color but it's still a great ride and a nice space.

 I go mostly for the lake, leaves and trails but I have grown to love our time in Grand Marais as well. Its our favorite stop for meals and we made time for the "World's Best Donuts" for breakfast and Sven and Ole's for dinner. Its nice to travel to the same place and create traditions there. I love our trips to explore cities and discover new highways or ballparks but I am really most thrilled out in nature with the water, woods and trails. It was another great trip to the North Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment