Sunday, August 3, 2014

Garlic and Bean Harvest

 

This was my second year to attempt growing garlic and I actually got to harvest this time. They had been ready for a while but I waited until Lincoln could help me dig them up. I planted these last fall and although they are small they are quite tasty. I think I'd like to plant some again but need to find a better spot for the 2015 crop. They aren't the most attractive plant when they die back in July.
I had forgotten that Briana and Jay gave me some bean plants and almost pulled them out in June thinking they were weeds. Fortunately I waited to see and found green beans. There are still more in the garden and I look forward to eating the harvest.
 This ornamental pepper plant is just for fun and I have really enjoyed watching the peppers change from yellow to orange to red over the summer. It brightens my patio and gives a little pop!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment