Monday, August 4, 2014

August Biking

 Amazing that I didn't get my bike out on the trails until August this year. There was some flooding that closed the trails but the main reason was that I was spending so much time walking. I'm still walking lots but took time on Sunday to get my bike out and it felt great. Yup, I was using my phone while riding on the trails but I promise, I was being very careful.
 Jay was nice enough to fill my tires and have my bike ready for me. I just love being on the trails and seeing so much nature. I rode around two lakes, through the nature reserve, the state park and along the Cedar River and ended up downtown Cedar Falls to navigate the streets and hills back to Jay and Briana's house.

 I don't know how many miles I went but I know I was on the bike for two hours and my feet only touched the ground when I had to wait for the red light at First and Main. My knees could feel it but it was a great ride. Again I am grateful for my cushy bike seat that Jay and Ashley gave me more than fifteen years ago.

1 comment: