Thursday, June 5, 2014

Early Summer in Des Moines

My visits to Des Moines are always fun but I especially love it when the weather is good enough to do all of my favorite things. This weekend got a bit warm but we had a great time. Friday night we had an amazing dinner at our favorite Thai place before heading out to Prairie Meadows to watch a few horse races and donate a couple of bucks. I went in with six dollars and left with a couple of them in my pocket.
Saturday I was so excited to get out to the farmers market. I love looking at the produce and all the goodies and art. Lots of people, dogs and music. Its just a great environment and a perfect way to start a Saturday in Des Moines.
What a great stop at a little historical park in Clive. We took Lincoln while Mommy and Daddy went to Homemakers with Walker. We all loved this caboose and the freedom to climb all over and explore inside. It was a great way to stretch legs after a long ride in the car seat.
 

This is where we insert the zoo photos that I posted a few days ago. I am quite particular about making my blog posts in order but I was so anxious to look at the zoo photos and knew that I was going into a busy week so I just threw caution to the wind and blogged about the Saturday afternoon trip to the zoo before I blogged about the Friday evening and Saturday morning Des Moines activities. Crazy, huh?
After a hot trip at the zoo we did take the time for one lap around the Asian festival before cooling off and heading to the south side for our favorite pizza with Val and Felix. Sunday morning I got to walk around Lake Heron at Raccoon River. I hadn't taken this walk since I moved and certainly didn't want to go the three miles last summer but Dale and I were both up to it this year. I do enjoy that walk but it was hot already in the morning and I think this might be where I picked up poison ivy that erupted on Monday and Tuesday. Oh well, I don't intend to stay out of the woods so I guess I may have to deal with the rash occasionally. It was great to walk around the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment