Monday, June 9, 2014

Church, Rodeo and Baseball

Sunday was filled with lots of interesting and fun activities. After a long walk through the neighborhood and a quiet morning at home I chose to go to church at Orchard Hill. The service was incredible and the message was so meaningful. It was a great start to my week. I had made plans with Lincoln to go to the high school rodeo finals thinking it would be a good introduction to rodeo for him. He did learn lots but it was not nearly as succinct as the other rodeos that I have attended. It was mostly down time but we did stay for two events and got to see cows and horses. I'm glad that we went.
 As we walked away from the rodeo we made a quick unplanned stop at the petting zoo to see a few smaller animals too.
We had planned for a nap at Grammy's house and it worked out perfectly when I read about a promotion for one dollar tickets for the late afternoon Buck's Baseball game. Lincoln got a nice nap and we headed over to the ball park.
 He loved seeing Buck again but prefers to be in close contact with me while Buck is nearby. This little girl came and sat right next to Lincoln. I am not sure if she was more interested in him or the pretzel but he was having none of it. He focused completely on the game and his food.
 We enjoyed the game from the fifth inning until the eighth then Lincoln announced that he was all done and requested going to see Uncle Jay, Aunt Breezy and Kirby. We stopped by to play in the yard for a short visit. It was a great ending to a very fun day and Lincoln got home in time for a late bath. I didn't intend to have so many activities in one day but it turned out great.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment