Friday, June 13, 2014

Baseball

 On my third trip to the ballpark this week something magical happened. Although I do love baseball I wouldn't have gone so much if it weren't for the free tickets that fell into my hands and the schedule that worked well. Wednesday it was just Lincoln and me for a couple of innings. During warm ups he was given a ball and he clutched it tightly with his little fingers until after he had fallen asleep.
 When I read him stories and said prayers he held the ball and requested the "baseball song" instead of our usual Amazing Grace. So I held him in my arms and sang the Star Spangled Banner as he held his blue blankie in one hand and his game ball in the other. I am overwhelmed still when I think about it. Yes, I posted the photo and story on Facebook but it needs to be part of my blog too.

After work on Thursday Ashley and the boys met me downtown on Main Street Cedar Falls. I had a work meeting there and it was fun to just stay downtown and explore with the boys. It seems that many of our favorite things on Main Street involve sugar but we find other things too. Its been a great week and I am already enjoying my Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment