Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good-bye Buck

 
 It was the last Waterloo Bucks game of the year on Tuesday evening, the last of the post season play and the last opportunity for Lincoln and I to visit our favorite mascot. I invited Lincoln to the game after asking Mommy's permission to be out past his bedtime. Lincoln was so very excited and I just love watching his enthusiasm.
Lincoln loves Buck and got lots of attention from him. Although he is happy to get pretty close to Buck, Lincoln waits to get up close enough for a high five until I am close at hand. We stayed through the first half of the second inning then went over to "give knuckles" to Buck, tell him goodnight and head home for stories and bedtime. When we were saying prayer before bed I said, "God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Lincoln." Lincoln added an enthusiastic, "Buck!" So we "God blessed Buck" too. It was a wonderful night at the ball park!

No comments:

Post a Comment