Monday, August 5, 2013

1.7 Miles

I asked Ashley and Lincoln to join me for my Monday walk and they were happy to make the 1.7 mile loop around Big Woods Lake with me. Dale and I took that trail on Saturday and I felt good about the longer walk. Although I used to walk 4-6 miles regularly I more often walk just a mile at a time now. Part of the reason is the easy mile loop around my neighborhood and part of it is that lack of motivation and energy. It's time to change that.
 Lincoln was very patient for the long stroller ride but was happy to get out and explore a bit when we got on the bridge. This is the same bridge that I kayaked under and biked over in the last couple of weeks. I think that this is my new favorite place to walk even though it is clear across town. The trail includes a wooded area and a prairie restoration for plenty of variety and beauty.  Having company on my walks helps lots too. I do appreciate my walking buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment