Sunday, August 11, 2013

Backbone Saturday

Hiking in the woods, exploring a trout stream and enjoying Backbone State Park made for a wonderful Saturday morning. Dale and I headed to the park knowing that I wanted to get my exercise for the day there but realizing there would be plenty of things to appreciate along the way. This amazing tree and root system sat right on the shore of a clear cool stream that was filled with trout. We spend lots of time here with Dale photographing the fish while I climbed through the roots, fallen trees and waded in the water.
 
 The trail up to the cave was steep but not long. The narrow path along the edge was a bit more challenging but I was cautious enough to turn around when it got a bit too rugged.



The trail along the backbone and beyond was a real treat. I love hiking the trails that are filled with rocks and worn tree roots. The trees are amazing along the rocky cliff and the sights are gorgeous. I love the feel of climbing and hiking at the same time. At the end of the backbone where the trail loops through the woods I was reminded of how much being out in the woods and moving through nature nourishes my soul. I want to be healthy enough to do this when I am older too. Another good reason to keep moving.
Thanks for a great Saturday of hiking in the woods, wading in the stream and climbing the rocky way!

No comments:

Post a Comment