Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekly Woods

 I love spending time in the woods, walking or hiking or relaxing. It seems that I had forgotten that recently and today I decided to refresh my memory. There is a park only about a mile from my house with an easy trail into the woods. When I moved here I thought I would go often but it's been months since I walked into the woods. Today Mowgli was my companion and we had the woods to ourselves. Although it was over sixty degrees there were not many signs of spring. There was still ice on the pond and no buds on the trees. No woodland flowers have peeked through the leaves on the floor of the woods. I will keep watching. It's my plan to try to get into the woods for a walk at least weekly so that I can enjoy watching the transition from winter to summer. I think the woods and the walking are good for my soul and good for my body. It's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment