Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Celebration

I think that Easter is one of my favorite holidays! How many favorites do I get? I had a house full of family and couldn't have been happier!
We cook, we eat, we laugh and we even sing! There was a rousing verse of "Delta Dawn" while we were doing the dishes. I love that my kitchen fits plenty of cooks and dishwashers at one time. It's more fun that way.


We pose for a few photos too. I am so grateful that someone always calls for a sibling shot. I think it's usually Cindy. I know it's never Dan, but we all have fun with it and are glad to have the photo.
The little ones certainly add much delight to the day. We had four little boys running around and we were all thrilled to have plenty of play at our Easter gathering.

Little Miss Saela Grace was outnumbered by the boys but got lots of attention with both all of her grandparents right here. Her great aunts all love that baby girl time also. Of course Papa gets a turn. I just love watching my brother be a grandpa. He does it with a special excellence.

Lots of playtime, inside and out. It wasn't warm like last year but there was some sunshine and the snow finally melted off the basketball court. They wore boots but they did play four-square.

So thrilled to have a holiday filled with family. We really are blessed. We missed those that weren't there but we all had a great time.   So grateful to all who traveled to my house this year. I couldn't be happier about it!I think that we should do it again in 2014. Easter is much later next year. Mark your calendar for April 20, 2014. Everyone is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment