Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hello, Gray

With thoughtful consideration, well maybe too much thoughtful consideration, I have decided that I want to stop coloring my hair. I made the decision in December and have had second thoughts many times but I think it's the right thing for me. I think about what to put into my body and I am trying to be more healthy and eat fewer chemicals yet I dump chemicals on my head at least once a month. It's a gradual process and I am getting professional advice from my hairdresser. I have been seeing her for almost twenty years and I trust that she can get me through this without looking like a skunk. The plan is to gradually go lighter until the gray hair isn't as drastic of a change. I was just coloring the top layer which gave me an opportunity to see the new color underneath. My hairdresser assures me that it is a beautiful white, but whatever it is it will be there for good by the end of the year. I have been coloring my hair since shortly after Ashley was born because I had so much gray. That's more than half of my life. This week I colored all the gray a lighter shade and will continue with the transition. I am amazed at how big this decision felt, but not amazed that I over think the entire process!

No comments:

Post a Comment