Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pinwheel Pillow Top

Remember the Family Pinwheel Quilt that I finished last year? It took me nine years to finally complete that quilt but the pillow sham waited another year. A friend taught me to hand quilt and although I wasn't sure I would like doing an entire quilt I did decide to hand quilt the pillow top. I did not love the hand quilting back then but it went better when I picked it up this time. My stitches are pretty uneven but they are good enough to hold it together.  I dug it out a couple of weeks ago and spent last weekend hand quilting and this Friday turning the pillow top into a pillow sham with an envelope back and a piped border. I even bought a twin bed last month when I rearranged my bedrooms.It feels very good to finish a project that went unfinished for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment