Monday, July 21, 2014

July Weekend

Another fun weekend with no special plans. Jay had offered the kayaks before and this weekend I decided to take him up on it. Dale and I went over to pick them up on Saturday morning and Jay helped us out by loading them and assisting with the launch.
I didn't realize that Dale had never kayaked but he was agreeable and we had a great time. I just love being out on the water and enjoying the mild summer day. I think we will do it again before summer ends.
 
 Saturday evening we joined Jay, Ashley, Travis and the boys at Peppers for dinner. It's always fun for me to see Jay with his nephews and Lincoln loves seeing Jay. Dale and I did pretty well with walking for the weekend even taking a three mile walk before kayaking. Saturday night we walked with Kirby and Jay then Sunday morning we walked almost five miles with Mowgli. Before the long Sunday morning walk we relaxed on the patio and I pulled weeds and photographed lilies in my jammies. Who cares if the neighbors see me? Not me. I bet everyone is excited to see the lily photos soon!
Dale and I started the weekend at the ballpark watching the Waterloo Bucks on Friday evening. It was a fun but very lopsided game which we enjoyed very much. It was perfect baseball weather. I know I have been commenting on the gorgeous weather lots but the humidity and heat are back tomorrow so that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment