Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fitbit Progress

When I got my Fitbit from Dale for Christmas it didn't take long for me to realize how it increased my motivation.  I know I've increased the length and number of walks but I was a bit surprised when I got the above email a month ago letting me know that I had walked a thousand miles since Christmas. That impressed me and kept me energized.  

I've created a habit of morning walks even on work days. I have to be out of the house by six if I want to get a couple of miles before work so I have set an earlier alarm and enjoyed the early morning sun in my neighborhood. I am also walking again later in the day. It's my personal goal to get over 100,000 steps each week. Most days I get between 13,000 and 18,000 steps but then occasionally I get a very high day, like below. I love seeing these numbers. It gives me great motivation and it's showing up on the scales too.

No comments:

Post a Comment