Thursday, July 17, 2014

Donut Walk

 Look at that donut and that very happy Lincoln! One of my favorite things about having Lincoln over night is the morning jammie time. We did take time to have an apple and read lots of books so it wasn't too hard to get us both dressed and out of the house. A donut walk seemed like a very good idea. I wanted a chance to get my morning walk but wanted to do it in a way that would be fun for Lincoln too. When I suggested taking the stroller and going for a donut he was more than willing.
 He really wanted a pink donut and this amazing Hy-Vee employee made it happen. They didn't have any pink, just white or chocolate frosting. When I asked if they might have a pink one, the employee offered to get out some pink frosting. I was so impressed at the great service and said, "Thanks, you really made his day." They reply was, "He made my day!" How sweet is that? Lincoln was grateful too and said, "Thank you very much." He happily and methodically ate his donut while I got to walk a couple of miles. He ate all around the edge exposing the pink cherry cake donut inside. It was a great morning activity which will likely be requested again.

No comments:

Post a Comment