Monday, May 27, 2013

My Own Rhubarb

 Rhubarb in my yard feels like such a treat! I didn't have much rhubarb during my Des Moines years but when I bought this house it came with rhubarb. The weather last spring was not good for the plant but this year was much better. I shared a little with a neighbor and used most of the rest to make a pie on Saturday.

Combined with a bacon, egg and hash brown casserole the pie made a great Sunday brunch. It is a taste of Spring. I think I have enough to make something that needs less than the six cups of rhubarb.
Lincoln didn't help me make the pie but the photo below was from one afternoon last week when he and I made a loaf of healthier banana bread with whole wheat flour, applesauce, honey and lots of bananas. He is a big help and adds to the clean up process too.

No comments:

Post a Comment