Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sand Project

 After another afternoon of playing in the garden dirt I decided on Sunday evening that I wanted to create a sand garden where part of my kitchen garden was last year. After our Mother's Day celebration which included four-square games, pizza, cake and playing in the dirt, I got out the shovel and started relocating dirt to the other garden areas.
 I had most of the dirt moved when Ashley and Lincoln came to help me the next morning. I had made an early morning trip to Menards for sand so I was prepared and thankful for the extra muscles and energy. Ashley finished digging dirt, Lincoln stomped down the base and we all secured the landscaping fabric.
 Then came the fun of loading the garden with sand. Ashley carried twenty bags of sand to the garden. I cut them open and Lincoln helped me dump them. We were done with the project in time for lunch! I later went to Menards for twelve more bags of sand which Jay moved for me today. That stuff is heavy! I dumped it tonight and I think that 32 bags may be enough for now. Hopefully the sand will be just as much fun as the dirt except that we will miss finding worms. I am sure that I will have more photos of the finished project very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment