Sunday, May 19, 2013

Des Moines Fun

I had work meetings in Des Moines on Thursday and Friday so it was a long weekend in the big city for me. We got to spend some time with Val and Felix, Dale's 13 month old grandson on Friday night which was fun. Later we enjoyed a nice night at Principal Park watching the I-Cubs for the first time this year.

I was so excited for the opportunity to do some of my favorite outdoor DSM activities. It's been a long winter! We went to the downtown farmers market on Saturday and the Valley Junction one on Thursday. Since it was a gorgeous Saturday the zoo was almost as busy as the farmer's market, both filled with strollers and people. I just love the giraffes. They feel like old friends after my days of volunteering at the zoo.

 We at at lots of our favorite spots including B &B, home of the Killer Sandwich. It's not a fancy place but its got lots of character and great food. We took our sandwiches to Ewing Park to enjoy the amazing display of lilacs which were just perfect right now. As always it was a busy fun weekend filled with favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment