Sunday, May 26, 2013

Graduation Celebration

Yesterday we gathered to celebrate my nephew, Jake's graduation from Mason City High School. He is such a great kid and did an amazing job of greeting and hosting all of the people who attended. It was so fun to see him with his friends. (Jake's wearing black short sleeves.) It's fun to see so many people that I don't get to see often, including three of my high school classmates and lots of family.

Mom got baby time and Dad shared his cane with Lincoln. It was a cool damp day but there was plenty of space in the garage and backyard for everyone. The kids loved playing in the chicken coop which has been transformed to a fort since the chickens moved out. There were five or six kids in there much of the time!
 It was especially fun for me to travel with my kids to Mason City. I started out driving and it brought back lots of memories to look in the rear view mirror to see Jay and Ashley side by side all cozy next to Lincoln's car seat. I was quickly promoted to the seat beside Lincoln so we could play while Dale did the driving. It worked very well for me and saved lots of gas too. It was another great family celebration. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful family so close-by.

No comments:

Post a Comment