Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quilting Restart

My quilting has been calling to me since the big furniture got moved on Saturday. I moved a few pieces into the new improved sewing room on Sunday then came down with a severe ear infection. It's the only ear infection that I have ever had if my memory is reliable. I will have to ask my mom. She will remember. Anyway, two days of laying on a heating pad thanks to an ice storm that kept me home on day one of the infection, finally I have antibiotics and the pain is starting to subside. But I digress. This is about the quilt that is calling to me. Ashley moved a few more things into the sewing room for me, including a big oak desk that I do not know how she managed alone! So I have ventured in to the sewing machine when I leave my heating pad and I have confirmed that I do not like my design idea. It sounded good. It even looked good when I saw something like it on a blog, but my idea of random width strips of the same length criss crossing may be too random. It may look like quilted mishmash. Throwing aside my work doesn't work well for me. I don't like giving up on something and hate to rip out. On another blog I read about a quilter that didn't like her design and just switched...ended up with three of four separate patchworks as the quilt grew and I really liked hers. So I decided to add a white strip (I think it's called sashing) to define the pattern then start the next idea. The white is sewed on but the strips around are just laid out. I believe that will be my next layer and after that it will be something completely different. So although my sewing room isn't finished and an ear infection is slowing me down I am enjoying my quilting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment