Sunday, January 6, 2013

Little Boy Memories

Having a grandchild certainly brings back many memories of my own small children. Seeing Lincoln using some of Jay's things takes me back about thirty years! This little stool with JAY spelled out in puzzle letters was made by my dad in the early eighties. The overalls were a gift to Baby Jay from my Uncle Fred and Aunt Carol who gave those overalls because they were like the ones that my grandpa Wreghitt wore on the farm. I am glad that I kept them.
Baby toes and a baby bottom all in one shot; I couldn't resist.

These are Jay's first baby shoes, size 3 triple E. I opened up the baby tote to find them a couple of weeks ago. I put them on Lincoln for a little while just to see if they fit. They are very different from baby shoes today but it did bring back lots of memories of polishing those shoes and washing the laces often. Lincoln doesn't have lots of hair (neither did my kids) but the photo below shows the hair that he does have.

No comments:

Post a Comment